Monday, May 12, 2008

the things i do for dance

I just got home from taking my first spring midterm. It went pretty well. I am pleased :) Maybe it's just because I love that class. And I did just realize that I have my first paper for the class due Thursday. But at least it should be interesting. We can choose between three topics. I don't remember what the other two are, but I'm writing on what the effects of divorce are on the children involved.

I'm eating Valentine's candy. Peanut butter chocolate hearts my momma gave me.

Ty played a doctor last night and bandaged my toe for me so I could dance today.
In both my Latin and standard class we were filmed dancing our routines. Then my teacher put them online so we could watch ourselves while he gave critiques. I'm kind of nervous because I've never seen myself dance. But I'll take it as a comfort that 3 out of the 7 guys in my standard class asked to film with me.

So the website with the videos is http://chhpvideo.byu.edu/
Both of them are posted now. They are second and third from the top titled "Latin 185 Rumba" and "Standard 184 Waltz." Both have a May 12, 2008 date. I will warn you that it's taking about 45 minutes to load one video, and it's not done yet. And my teacher said do not use Internet Explorer, that it usually takes hours to load on there. Use Firefox. Also, if you don't let it load all the way first, it won't finish loading once you start playing it. I know it's a lot of trouble to go through, so I honestly would not care at all if no one watched it. But if you did have to pick one to watch, watch my rumba. It's better than my waltz.

Okay, so I managed to get the clip of me in bad quality, but here is my rumba if you would just like to watch it on here:


And here is my waltz:


I got standard pumps on Saturday! I am SO excited! I don't have a picture yet, but I will get one! They are pretty ugly but I've never worn more comfortable shoes for dancing in my life. They just flex and move with me while I dance. They are fantastic.

Wow, my toe really hurts.

Quotes of the Day:
Rachel D: "I feel like I'm drunk and I'm pouring myself more."

and

Ty: "Did you know that 'Come in' is the exact opposite of 'income'?"

and

Ty: "I found that girls have a secret language. It's called emotion."

and

Ty: "Can guys have estrogen?"
Rachel: "No."
Ty: "Then why are some guys girlier than others?"
Rachel A: "They have less testosterone."
Ty: "What if they have neither? Are they albino?"

and

Ty: "I don't want people lassoing you and chaining you to the roof."

4 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

i love your quotes...
they are even funnier when i think about ty's face when he says them...

:D

love and sunshine...

Amanda said...

i miss you guys! we need to go to disneyland... and plan th day... you better not ditch me... im the free lodging!

Anonymous said...

oh man, great, great quotes! oh i miss you guys. are you going to come kidnap me?

Amanda said...

o man i just remembered something...so im nt sure about the opposite, but i know that girls can have testostorone... man i cant spell... and that they do infact... and im pretty sure that guys can have estrogen... in john tucker must die they game him stuff that produced estrogen... and life is always likethe movies! haha...