I went to couple's therapy with my husband, Spencer. Yes, the same guy I married a few weeks ago and had children with. We are having problems.
He has his own business, and I am sad because I feel like he isn't involved in our young sons' lives enough. He works too much. He says that I nag him too much- but really I'm just trying to encourage him to play and bond with our sons. I'll buy tickets to the circus, a baseball game, and set up other outings for him do with with them, and with me, and it seems to only make him more mad. He's been staying at work later and later, contributing it to the fact that business is getting really tight.
So, he agreed to see a therapist with me. We went to the rapist- oh, excuse me, therapist- Amanda Lloyd. She got him to agree to come home three times a week by 6:00 PM if I would let him do whatever he pleases. Hmm we'll see how this turns out. The rapist Amanda might be kind of crazy, but we'll just have to trust her advice.
Who needs a wedding ring when you have a name tag you can just wear everywhere? That way guys don't have to do finger checks.
Are humans screwing themselves over?
Natural selection. It helps species evolve to adapt to their environment so they can be best equipped to survive. And while we always hear that natural selection is "the strongest survive," they're wrong. Natural selection is simply that species with certain inherited traits are better fit to their environment so they can survive. An example of this is finches. During a drought, the only food left to eat were big shelled nuts. Only the big beaked finches lived through the drought because their beaks were able to crack open the nuts. The smaller beaked ones starved to death, and that trait became pretty much extinct. Therefore, only big beaked finches were left, and they reproduced, making big beaked finch babies- better adapted to the environment.
A thought came to me today while sitting in Biology class while we were talking about this. Humans don't do natural selection. So are we messing with nature? Since all species do it naturally to stay strong and to be best fitted for the environment, the same would be for humans, too, right? But with our medicines and modern technology... everyone is surviving. So are we weakening the human race, or making it harder for us to all survive in the future? Our environment is changing, yet we are not. What will happen to us? The "small beaked" humans are surviving. What will happen to us all in the future?
I thought all of this, then got distracted and bored with it and didn't come up with an answer.
....................................................................................................
Fondus to battement lent... sucks. I am going to be SO SORE tomorrow! Ugh, ballet.
...................................................................................................
I got a new phone! Yes! Amber, being the amazing generous person she is, added me onto her T-Mobile family plan, and this includes unlimited texting! I am SO EXCITED you have no idea! So I'm probably giving my old phone to my mom when I go home for Thanksgiving, and switching strictly to my new number.
(801) 709-8289
Text me! It makes me so happy when I get a message :)
..................................................................................................
Yes. This is dedicated to you, Mom. I was in the Wilk waiting for my ballroom class to start the other day and heard the music come on. I immediately knew what it was, and hastily grabbed my camera to record it for you! They're practicing for Christmas Around the World which I will be going to next month, so maybe I'll sneak in a camera and record the finished version for you. It's even pretty much the same choreography. Hm, maybe I will watch this movie tonight.
Quotes of the Day:
Mom: "Have you heard any more from Ty lately?"
Me: "Yes!!! I got another letter from him Saturday! He's speaking Spanish already!"
Mom: "Well if Eric Veeder can learn Italian, anyone can learn any language."
It has been brought to my attention that Eric actually served in Spain... and speaks Spanish... which makes this quote ever more amusing.
5 comments:
Drew: "I didn't know they spoke Italian in Spain..."
Apparently Eric Veater didn't really learn Italian at all! He spoke Spanish in Spain! Makes sense, huh?
Oh well. Spanish-Manish. I'm not his mom, so I don't keep track of his mission details! It's still a miracle he learned a foreign language since he can hardly handle English! I wonder if he always yelled while speaking Spanish like he did when he spoke English.
I hope I'm a big beaked Finch.
OH goodness. Allie, I LOVE reading your blog. It's always so entertainig. And, I especially love your "quotes for the day." I may have to steal that idea for you, if I hear really amusing quotes. =)
I'm imagining that the video is the Nutcracker. I couldn't get it to play! Drat! I loved seeing the little 4-year-old you prance around the stage in your costume amidst the professional dancers! You were the best toy bunny ever!
Post a Comment