BYU DanceSport starts tomorrow! I know. Breathe, breathe. I'm actually not that nervous. Which is bad. I've been so worried about my classes and things I had to do all week that I didn't have time to hype up for DanceSport. Which is bad. Very, very bad. At the same time I took a test, finished a project involving a few assignments and a paper, and another paper for Biology. Eh. I'd rather have spent that time freaking myself out so I could dance better.
From experience I know that when I'm not flipping-out-about-to-faint-and-have-a-seizure nervous I don't do as well. For my past shows when I wasn't as nervous I forgot things, or didn't have the same composure on stage. Let's hope that I get super extremely pee my pants nervous tomorrow so I can do my best. I haven't been myself all around lately so I'm not really expecting anything.
Tomorrow I'm competing in the Gold American class. My partner and I are dancing up a level to do waltz! I know we won't win but I'm excited to try anyway. We think we could get pretty far. I'm not expecting finals, but it'll just be fun anyway.
And on Saturday morning I'm doing my level, Silver American. That's triple swing. Both Ty (yes, Ty. I must have a thing for Tys) and I agree that this is not our best dance. But we watched us dance on a video tape in class, and we look better than we thought. So I hope we stand a chance! This isn't a run away, no competition event like last Winter with cha-cha. So I'm not sure if I'll do as well.
This was the week from Hell. I'm glad that it's over. Never again do I want to spend 8 hours in the library every day. Now the fun can begin!
Quotes of the Day:
Amanda: "Should I put on pants?"
Me: "No."
Amanda: "Stay in my PJs?"
Me: "No. Go pantless."
2 comments:
Don't worry. You will do great. You have it in you to do great and I am sure you will bring it out. Plus I am wishing you luck, so what more do you need? :P
So much for not winning the Waltz, eh?
Post a Comment