Monday, November 10, 2008

leave ballet alone!

I went to the ballet with Wistie this last Friday. The show was really good! They did one that was kind of a tango. It was still ballet, but they had tango costumes and had mixed in a few tango stylings. I really liked it! I liked all of their classic pas de deux.

But then they did a modern number. Ugh holy crow. It was SO weird. I don't even know how to explain it. One of the sections was them in a big black box, and like looking around it, doing weird poses on it without any music at all. Then it went on so they were all randomly on stage looking like they were having a seizure. My favorite part of this was that the music was techno jungle drum music. Then there was another part where random spotlights were lighting up the stage and there was always this one dancer in the back who looked like she was pawing the ground and acting like a horse? Anyway, it all ended with a bang where they were all over the stage once again dancing in their own little world, and without warning, simultaneously the music and lights cut and the dancers collapsed on the floor. The audience was quiet, and then slowly, a few random claps rang out in the auditorium. A few seconds later the lights came back on, and two of the dancers stood up, untied a green sash that was tied around their waist, threw it to the ground, and then the lights cut again. Now we were all really confused and there was dead silence until the ballerinas came to the front and did one quick bow, and the curtain pulled closed. That's how the show ended. I think we were all really confused.

Modernism, leave ballet alone!

You know, if people want to do modern interpretive dance, be my guest. Go do your personal expression and all that, and have fun doing it. I just don't want to watch you do it.

I got my third letter from Ty today!!! Yahoo!!! I wrote him back already. My letters are increasingly gaining in length... Here is the back of the envelope. I drew a picture for him.

It says: "This is Milton. Milton likes you. Too bad Milton is tasty. Happy Thanksgiving, Milton."


Quotes of the Day:

Kellie: "I only have a little bit of time left!"
Me: "Enjoy your time. Enjoy it because it all goes too fast. And pretty soon, you find yourself in front of Brick Oven as he's about to get in the car with his family to go to the MTC. And your last moment together is a stolen hug that was much too quick, and then you try so hard to put it all in your memory- No. Enjoy your time. Because pretty soon, you won't have it."
Wistie: "Haha I am so glad you exist!"
Stephen: "Did you rehearse that?"

and

Stephen: "Wait, get married May 20, 2009?!"
Me: "That's enough time to court someone, propose, and get married."
Kellie: "Yeah, and get pregnant!"

and

Wistie: "Let's kill your roommate!"
Me: "Yes. I've been looking for an excuse!"

and

Ty's companion Elder Larson: "BYOM- Bring your own Mexican"

No comments: