Friday, November 28, 2008

gobble gobble

Basically, I'm home, I'm with my whole family (Dad, Mom, Drew, Christina, Tyler, Tristan, Grandma, Grandpa, and me), I'm getting home cooked meals, and I'm sleeping in the best, cushiest bed ever, and watching lots of movies and playing the piano. What else is there to say?

We all cut our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving day up in the mountains. It was a lot of fun and went faster than previous years. We just found the perfect tree right away. It was fantastic. We also took family pictures up there. Oh and guess what. I cut about four inches off my hair. I love it! I also got bangs. We'll see how much I like them this time around.


That afternoon all of us, minus my mom, went shooting.


Then that night we had our feast. Mmm turkey. But my favorite was the orange glazed yams. I demanded the orange yams. It's not Thanksgiving without them, and I said I wasn't coming home unless my mom made the yams. Of course she did, and I was happy.

Man... Gardnerville, cutting down a tree in the woods, shooting guns, then eating a huge turkey... how much more hick can you get?


Quotes of the Day:

Amber: "I closed my eyes and it was like a disco."

and

Me: "I apologize for the near-death experience, but we have arrived at our destination."

and

Christina: "Confucious is so much deader than him!"

and

Me: Cleaning up Apples to Apples "You're missing some green cards."
Mom: "Some Mexicans must have taken them."
Pause
Me: "Oh! Haha."
Mom: "Took you long enough."

and

Mom: "Well, we sure are a quiet bunch."
Me: "I'm talking to people that aren't here."

and

Me: "Isn't The Shining a book, too?"
Mom: "Yep, by Stephen King."
Tristan: "Who else would be able to come up with all this crap?"

and

Amber: "I'm jealous. I've never shot a gun. Okay, I lied. I shot a BB gun once and killed a squirrel."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its been way too long since i had a quote on your blog.... that is all

Anonymous said...

Good food, good movies, good quotes, good company. Good times!!What else can I say other than IT WAS GREAT!

Likeursoperfect said...

Aww. You counted me as part of the family! =D
Haha. I totally forgot about the Stephen King comment. Thanksgiving was so fun! I can't wait for Christmas!