Monday, November 17, 2008

results are posted

DanceSport Fall 2008

I can't believe how well I ended up doing! Especially in waltz! I thought Ty and I had no chance of making it past the first round. We were intermediate students competing up against the advanced dancers for Heaven's sake! We ended going all the way to finals, and won 6th place! I got a gorgeous pink ribbon to hang next to my cha-cha trophy from last winter. I was psyched! I guess we looked better than we thought.

It meant so much to me to have my brother and Tristan there to watch. And I was so excited to have Rachel there, too. She was up on the balcony, and when I'd make it to the next round I'd give her the thumbs up and she'd beam back at me. It was so much fun.



As for triple swing, we did pretty well considering, but I was still disappointed in myself. We made it to semifinals, which is the top 12. Then five couples moved on to finals. Without us :( It's definitely the hardest on you when you get eliminated right before finals. You go all that way, make it through five previous rounds, only to get cut right before the big one- the important one. We did have a lot of fun, though! We knew that triple swing wasn't our best dance, so I guess for the most challenging dance semis is pretty good. Amanda went and watched me. I felt so good having her there for me all day! She even hung out with me for the few hours of downtime between the prelims and semis. We had such a great time :)


I can't wait until the next DanceSport! The big national one in the Marriott Center. That one is so much bigger and more fun. Only four months! I think I'll start a countdown. I live for DanceSport. My schedule revolves around it. "This paper is due after Dancesport." "I get to go home for Thansgiving after Dancesport." Basically, I use it as a base to compare everything else in my schedule. And I totally take advantage of it when it comes around. In the 48 hours that it was going on, I spend 22 hours there. And it was fantastic!!!


Quote of the Day:

Me: "Amber has the car of pleasure."

2 comments:

Likeursoperfect said...

I loved watching you! You're so good, and you look so happy when you're dancing!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! You guys look fabulous!! Congrats! My friends at work loved seeing your photos too.

Lila: She looks amazing. The guy looks kinda old.
Jill: And balding.
Lila: But she looks amazing. And beautiful!