Afterwards we went back to Quinn's house, and we all went around trick or treating. I must say, as an older teenager, you sure get funny reactions from people. Quinn, Amber, and I didn't go all the way up to the door since we weren't really trick or treating. Quinn's sister Rachel was and we were taking her around. We weren't carrying any bags, and weren't expecting candy. We know we're too old for it. But this one lady gave Rachel candy, looked right at us a few feet down from the door, said, "Have a good night" in a way that we knew meant, No candy for you! and closed the door on us. I was like, we weren't asking for candy so you don't have to be so obviously rude. I actually just thought it was really funny. A few people gave us candy anyway. One guy said that you're never too old to eat candy! And one of Quinn's neighbors had carved a huge letter Y in his lawn and painted it. It made me and Amber really happy!

We went up the hill by Amber's house where the really rich people live. One house actually gave out king-sized candy bars. That was awesome. We took one of those- we couldn't pass it up, no matter how old we are.
It was weird to me going around again. I hadn't been trick or treating in about four or five years. It made me think of the next time I'll be going. Probably with my own children! It made me feel older, because that could be happening in reasonable amount of time. Not soon, but in the far seeable future. But for now, I'm a kid enough myself. Hm, maybe if Drew and Christina get going here pretty soon I can go with them to take my neices and nephews around soon... *wink wink* You can tell I really want to be an aunt. Wow this was a total side track. Sorry...
After trick or treating we went back to Quinn's and played "Picksies," where we sprawl the candy out and each take a turn picking a piece of candy for ouselves. This was quite amusing and a lot of fun :) The night ended with me, Amber, and Quinn watching Sleepy Hollow. Not scary, but still mystrious, and weird. I loved it! My mom sent it to me last Halloween, and I still hadn't watched it.
This All Hallows Eve was a great one to remember :)
Quotes of the Day:
Me: "I like it when the kids pass out candy because I don't feel as bad when I take it from them."
Quinn: "Allison takes candy from babies!"
and
Amber: "When I'm rich, I will buy my friends."
and
Amber: "He's a night stocker."
Quinn: "Yeah, I stalk Barbies."
Me: "Can I be a Barbie?"
Amber: "She wants you to stalk her!"
and
Me: "I like that they didn't have to kill him again. He just went peacefully down to Hell."
and
Me: "Crap. Hey, what's my phone number? I don't have it memorized."
and
Bryant: "Let's get a cake and have Cosmo pop out of it in a dodgy outfit."
5 comments:
I think you're going to have to wait a bit longer to have and nieces or nephews. Don't get me wrong we're really excited to be parents someday, but let's face it.. they're a lot easier to make than to maintain! Oh, and the sushi place I think you're referring to is called Yamoto. It's on State St. in Orem right across from the University Mall.
Glad you got some candy! Your costume got some good use too. That's good since you worked so hard making it! Some people are just plain rude ("have a good night" lady). You needed Bonquiqui to set her straight! "RUE!"
Glad you got some candy! Your costume got some good use too. That's good since you worked so hard making it! Some people are just plain rude ("have a good night" lady). You needed Bonquiqui to set her straight! "RUE!"
PS Spawn of Satan rocks.
I'm happy that you had a good Halloween! But I'm sad that you watched Sleepy Hollow. I made Tyler wait to watch it because I was waiting for you. =(
Post a Comment