Friday, November 7, 2008

good friends are crazy

Last Tuesday night/Wednesday morning was so fun.

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, the gun powder treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot."

I've decided to start a new tradition. It was just too much fun! Ever since I saw V for Vendetta for the first time, I've watched it on November 5th. Granted, it came out in 2005, so this is only the 4th year I've done it. If you haven't seen the movie, that is a sin. Watch it. It is absolutely fantastic. One of my top favorites.


So Amber, Quinn, and I got together on Tuesday night. First I taught Quinn how to make peanut butter truffles, then we played Guitar Hero a bit, then Amber came over and we talked for a while. Then at midnight, we put the movie on. November 5th. I didn't think about it at the time, but we should have timed it so that when it struck midnight here, Big Ben would have chimed midnight in the movie. And something awesome happens at midnight, but I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it yet.

I plan on doing this every year. You are welcome to join me next November. The more the merrier! What a way to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day than by watching a movie that is somewhat based off the holiday and probably has absolutely no truth behind it whatsoever?


Quotes of the Day:

Survey: "What do you hope to get out of BYU?"
Wistie: "I put 'An education.'"
Me: "Haha how about, 'A husband?'"
Kellie: "That's what I put, but I wrote 'Just kidding' after it."
Me: "I put that too... but I kind of wasn't kidding."

No comments: