Wednesday, December 3, 2008

pie

Merry Christmas! I wanted to do a special Holiday themed background for my blog. I had quite a bit of fun putting it together.

As I was picking out Christmas music (my favorite part!), I remembered a certain song. I can never listen to it the same way again. Story:

Christmas 2007- I was driving to the airport with my cousins Rachel, Colin, and Jay. We had Christmas music playing in the car of course, because we were all flying out to see family for Christmas! Then, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee came on the mix CD. Jay just said, "Wow, she really likes pie."

I was so confused. I turned to him and said, "What are you talking about?" He had Rachel start the song over and told me to listen to the lyrics. I heard, "Rockin' around the Christmas tree, let the Christmas spirit ring. Later we'll have some pumpkin pie and we'll do some caroling." And I told him that's what she said. Then he countered, "That is not what she's saying. Listen again." Rachel once again rewound the song and we listened closely.

He then proceeded to tell us something that his older brother, Isaac (my favorite cousin and a HUGE jokester), said about the lyrics. "Rockin around the Christmas tree, let the Christmas spirit ring. Later we'll have some f****** pie..."

Oh, Jay. He still swears that's what she's saying. He still claims that she just really likes her f-ing pie.

Now you'll never hear that song the same way again, will you? Go ahead. It's playing right now as you're reading this. Go start it over and listen to it.

:D

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome
thank you for sharing that glorious piece of information

Rachel Ann said...

ha. ha. you are funny.
i love your blog.
thank you for that.

Anonymous said...

Guess what we are having at OUR Christmas party hop when you get home? F**ing pie! Ha ha.