Monday, June 16, 2008

the last week

Now begins my last full week of being in Provo until this next fall. I'm actually really excited. I just have to go through all that packing and moving junk. That I am definitely not excited for.

So last weekend Rachel, Rachel Jane, Heather and I saw the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti, Utah. It was really good! The costumes were amazing. Rachel and I decided that we're going to be in it someday. Well actually spring after next because she'll be in London next spring. So we're going to do it after that. I told her that I want to be one of the evil wicked Nephites because they wear fun flowy sparkly dresses. Rachel was a little appalled, but I said I wanted to wear them. And because they dance and kick a lot. It looks like fun!

Oh, and at the pageant, I ate the most amazing turkey I've ever had in my life. It was just from one of those barbecue stands that's doing some softball fundraiser. But it was seriously amazing. I never stuff myself, but it was so good, I made myself eat all of it. I didn't want to waste it. So I went up to the ladies and asked how they cooked it. Here is the recipe if you're curious. It was amazing.

Marinade:
2 parts Sprite/7Up
1 part oil
1 part soy sauce
some horseradish.
garlic (optional)

Chop up raw turkey and marinate for 24 hours. Then cook all in a crock pot for a few hours.

Then we all had an amazing discussion on the way home. I had a ton of spiritual/religious questions after the pageant and so we pretty much talked all the way home. It was fantastic. It was one of the best nights that I've had in a long time.

So I worked for about 12 hours the last 2 days. And I got 2 free meals :) I'm happy.

I've been feeling very weird today. I'm all emotions mixed together. I'm stressed, tired, happy, teary, upset, scared, confused, and excited all at the same time. I don't like being a girl sometimes. I really need a hug. Sarah gave me a hug at work today and I almost started crying. It was very very weird.

I want my paycheck. I owe Rachel money for our Arches trip.

I miss Tylor... A lot.

I'm happy I get to sleep in tomorrow. And just relax and study all day. And maybe find boxes. And maybe start packing. Or at least sorting through my stuff and getting rid of stuff I don't need.

Life is going to be so much easier starting Friday. I'm really excited.

I miss dance.

Quotes of the Day:

Rachel: "That's why he froked out."

and

Me: "Is the plural of turkey turkeys or is it just turkey?"
Rachel Jane: "That depends on if it's cooked or if it's still walking around."

and

Me: "I bet they planted those trees just for the show, huh?"
Rachel: "Yep."
Me: "I bet those are fake trees, huh?"
Rachel: "Yep."

and

Rachel: "I think he's mostly attractive because he's talking to children."

and

Me: "So, do I get extra blessings because I'm working on Sunday to feed the children of God?"
Sarah: "Or extra sins."
Me: "Oh, great. I'm cursed for eternity."

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

i miss you already.