Friday, June 20, 2008

working for money and food. although, i'd rather dance for it

So I got up today at 5:20 AM to come to work. As early as that was, I really liked being done with work by 10. I worked four and a half hours, but I still have a whole day left. It's really nice. And I get to come back for the dinner shift and be cashier. Today will be a good day because there isn't any EFY or sport camps coming in for dinner. Just the cloggers. A perfect amount of people :)

Well, I'm homeless. Again. Most of my stuff is at my Uncle George's house for the summer, and I'm living out of two suitcases (which I hope aren't too heavy to bring on the airplane when I go home...). My stuff is being sneaky and hiding with Rachel's things because she's allowed to still live in Wyview. I'm going to be a secret convict and commandeer the third bed in Rachel and Rachel's apartment. They're living in my apartment from spring. Therefore, I can't be seen by my RA or HA. This will be fun.

But for now, alas, I have no home because they're inspecting the apartments right now. So I'm just chillin' at my second home, the Cannon Center. I'm going to pick up some lunch to take advantage of my employee discount, and maybe take a nap on the couch in the locker room.

I can't wait to go home because I'll be allowed to live. Nazis.

***

So I just finished my dinner shift. I did something really scary and cool. I accidentally deposited over 6 million dollars in some girl's BYU account... She and her mom thought it was really funny. I was flipping out and called the manager over, who was very confused at how to fix it. The mom was making jokes saying now she could pay her daughter's tuition, and mine, too, since I gave her the money. But it all got worked out. And, just like any other big rumor, the news that I had done it spread to every person in the Cannon in about 2 minutes. Seriously two minutes later I walked in back and one of my co-workers said, "Did you really give a girl like a million dollars?" I replied, "It was actually over 6 million."

It wasn't my money. It was BYU's money.

This makes me feel very very powerful.

Quotes of the Day:
Me: "Have a fantastic day with your Siamese bacon."

and

Manager Gary: "Are you working later today, too?"
Me: "Yeah I'll be in at dinner."
Manager Gary: "Gotta save up for that wedding."
Me: "I'm not getting married..."
*10 minutes later*
Manager Gary: "Are you helping out next week?"
Me: "I'll be in Monday lunch and dinner."
Manager Gary: "Gotta save up for that wedding."
Me: "I'm not getting married."
*15 minutes later*
Manager Gary: "So you saving up for that wedding?"
Me: "I'm not getting married!!"

and

Me: "I smell like Cannon Center and trash."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Loved the blog today! Especially the quotes with your manager :P See you tomorrow!

Jeff said...

Hi Alison,

I came across your blog. Love the dancing pics. Thea says you'll be back in Gville soon. See ya then.

Bro Whitaker

Rachel Ann said...

i am so so happy you are sharing a bedroom with me right now. i can't wait until we can actually room together. i miss you already. love you bunches.