Thursday, July 24, 2008

city lights are aglow

You want to know what's beautiful? Well, besides life? Looking over a giant city from high up and being able to see it from all sides. Ty and I went hiking the other day up a little hill between downtown and the valley. We went up to a little pond where there was a deck, and there were tons of bright blue dragonflies all around. It was really cute!

Then we went up a little higher and split off the main trail to another less noticeable one. We went up, and Ty made me promise that I wouldn't look behind me. We kept climbing, going over rocks and passed trees, and then he stopped me and told me to close my eyes. He led me a little further and finally turned me around and told me to open my eyes. I could see the entire city! It stretched all around from left to right. He pointed things out like downtown, Spokane's version of the Vegas strip, and a lake by his house. It was absolutely beautiful! We kept moving higher to see if we could get a better view, and finally decided to start climbing down.

We were walking and kept talking, and hadn't realized that we took the wrong trail. We looked around, and didn't recognize anything around us. I said that we're good as long as we keep going downhill, and that we'd eventually reach the street. Besides, it's not like we can get extremely lost, since we can hear and see the city. So a few detours and random trails later, we stumbled on the original trail head, and back to the car.

That was our adventure for the day! And it was fabulous :)

Quotes of the Day:

Me: "Thank you for playing me like an instrument."
Ty: "Thank you for being my instrument."

and

Jacquelynn: "You should teach Tylor that dance."
Me: "He doesn't want to learn it. He says he can't move his hips."
Jacquelynn: "I can't believe he said that! He's goin DOWN!!!"

and

Jacquelynn: "When you go back home I'm going back with you."

and

Ty: "Every time I go into the store, I see things I would love to get you."
Me: "I know. It makes me feel bad."
Ty: "Why does that make you feel bad?"
Me: "Because I want to give you the world, and it's kind of hard to do that if you've already given it to me."

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

awww... i miss you two so much!!!!!
call me sometime.
all my love and the happiest sunshine!