Sunday, July 20, 2008

where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies

I just watched a movie the other day, one that I have wanted to watch for a long time. I had been weary of watching it until now because of what people had told me about it, but I had been wanting to see it for forever. Especially since I had the soundtrack already, and all the songs came from my very favorite band.

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
they slither while they pass,
they slip away across the universe.
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy
are drifting through my open mind,
possessing and caressing me.

I really really loved that movie. It made me very happy and I'm addicted to the music, as my mom could tell you. I'm sure she's involuntarily listened all the way through the soundtrack a gazillion times because I've played it every waking moment. It was a little crazy in the middle, but I think that's one of the reasons I loved it so much. It sort of reminded me of the beginning of Moulin Rouge. Except for the Mr. Kite song. That was just plain weird and what my nightmares look like.

So I also saw the new Batman movie with Thea yesterday. It was really good. I liked the first one better but this movie was pretty good, too. Actually anything with Christian Bale is good. I love Christian Bale. I have to say, the Joker scared me to death. I think he is the most evil bad guy ever in history. He isn't just the normal, stereotypical villain. He was emotionally and mentally traumatizing. It hurt to watch what he was doing to the people. I'm pretty sure there will be another Batman movie because they set up the next villain already. It'll be a good one hopefully. And I really want that one policeman's kid to be Robin! I was telling this to Thea. I think Robin would be really cheesy to put in the movie, and would definitely seem to go against Batman's character to have a sidekick, but I want him to be Robin so bad! It would make me mucho happy.

Quotes of the Day (or week):

Michael: Trying to identify the artist of a painting during a game of Cranium: "Van Gogh! ...Who cut his ear off? Oh, Van Gogh. ......OH the guy who rhymes with that hot actor... Titanic... Dicaprio... Leonardo Dicaprio! ...Cappuccino?"

and

Michael: "Gorbechev. He broke an empire. Like, a big empire. Like China. Except for Russia."

and

Maggie: "Humpty Dumpty sat on a freakin' wall!!!"

and

Me: "Please don't make me die. I have a life!"

and

Michael: "Okay, Allison. What do we do?"
Me: "I've never played Cranium before I don't know."
Michael: "You don't know how to play? Well I don't either!"
Me: "It's your game!"

No comments: