Thursday, July 10, 2008

burn the floor


So I just got back from seeing an amazing ballroom dance show in Reno with my parents. It was Floorplay, and it was done by an Australian troupe called Burn the Floor. I had a hard time sitting in my seat just watching. I wanted to be up on the stage with them! They did mostly Latin dances like cha-cha, samba, many rumbas, Paso Doble, jive, and mambo. Then there was a bit of standard; foxtrot, quickstep, West Coast swing, and a tango. I was surprised that they didn't do any waltz.

After the show we went to the lobby and there were three dancers out there. I got to talk to them a few minutes, dance with one of the guys, and ask them questions. I loved talking with them.

Here are a few dances from the show:

This samba was the opening number. The guy who is singing is one of the guys I met after show and got a picture with.



This girl had the best rumba I have ever seen in person. It was gorgeous. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her feet. They were turned out and her toes were pointed, and she had over-extension. And her legs were so straight that they looked like they were bending the wrong way.



And a pretty cool cha-cha. This cha-cha is a lot better than the beginning cha-cha that I know! :)



I loved this Salsa!!! Those guys are SO amazing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like tons of fun! Wow! They can move. Wish we were there with you guys!