Tuesday, August 26, 2008

t minus 19 hours

Well, summer is over. This is my last day at home before I go back to Provo. I know my parents are sad, but happy at the same time. And I'm excited. Time for BYU football!! That's what I'm most excited for. That and my dance classes. However, I do not want to pack and move. Again. I've either moved myself or helped someone move five times the last three months. It's getting tiring!

Sunday night I went to my sister-in-law and my brother's new apartment and spent the night. I had so much fun! We played cards, which was my favorite part. Drew barbecued hamburgers, we watched John Tucker Must Die and the closing ceremony for the Olympics. The next morning, we went swimming. Well, they did. It was windy and a little chilly, so I waded around. Christina and I went shopping, and we both got some really cute things! I was excited to find great deals. I got two pairs of jeans, two shirts, and a sweater for about $40. Super exciting! Then they took me out for lunch to a place that has really good buffalo wings. You choose how many you want, and then pick a sauce on a big scale of hotness. We all shared so I got to try three different kinds. It was really delicious!

Today I went back to Douglas, my old high school, to say goodbye to my old friends and to visit my favorite teachers. I saw Mr. Petite, who poked fun at me like I hoped he would. Mr. Vasquez, my government teacher who quizzed me about my political opinions when I said I wanted him to help me with the presidential elections. And of course, Mr. Cole my psychology teacher who was really excited to hear I had changed my major to Child Psychology and asked all about my family. He made me promise that when I do graduate and start working that I will come in and be a guest speaker in his class. I told him I could most definitely do that for my favorite teacher.

Well, I have a ton of packing to do. Ew. I haven't started at all. But I have all evening to do it, right?


Quotes of the Day:

Bryant: "So, how did it feel?"
Me: "What, wearing a dead animal??"
Bryant: "What? No!!!"

and

Me: "Why is everybody staring at me?"
Michael: "Uh, because you are absolutely beautiful. And one day hopefully you'll realize that."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so cute. I'm glad to hear that you had as much fun as we did! It was a blast having you over! Seriously... so much fun! We'll have to do it again. Have fun at school! Update us on BYU football!

Rachel Ann said...

you are home!!!!!!!!!
i love you so so much!