Elder Thatcher is gone. Today is his first full day in the big bad MTC! I'm sure he's doing just fine. Better than that, actually. I bet he's blowing everyone away. I was lucky enough to join him and his family for lunch at Brick Oven that afternoon before they headed off. Side note: Brick Oven pizza is incredible! The crust is sooo amazing. And it's actually a reasonable price. End side note. I felt so fortunate to be invited to lunch with them. It was so nice to see him in his suit and tie, looking all official and missionary-like (minus the name tag and greenie sticker). I told him that he has to keep his sticker and put it on the back of his name tag so he can keep it forever.
I just want to say that I am so glad that I'm a good actress when I need to be. At least for a limited amount of time. The second I got to my classroom and saw Amanda sitting there, I burst out in tears and was sobbing for the first 15 minutes of class. Now that was embarrassing. But she prescribed the girl treatment that night: ice cream, brownies, waffles, and pizza.
I wrote my first letter to him last night, and his dad came to pick it up to add to a care package from his family. He'll be getting it tonight at dinner. That should be in just an hour or so. I am actually really excited to be writing him! I'll learn so much about him and be able to see him grow and change in the best ways. If you have any suggestions about letters, or things to do while the missionary is in the MTC, let me know! I get $1 same day delivery for the next two months, so I'm going to be taking full advantage of that. I don't want to always just send candy or cookies, though. Hmm I'll have to start getting creative here!
So I want to clear something up. I bet after reading the last two blog entries you're doubting my claim about my relationship status. I want this to be added officially to the record. I am not waiting. I am single, and I am dating. Yes, I dated Ty for a long time and I was in love with him. But I am not officially waiting. We both have discussed it a lot and have the understanding that there is a likelihood that I will be married by the time he gets home. So I am just here, living life, keeping my mind open to possibilities, and taking opportunities. Ty is my best friend, and he knows me better than anyone. I'm fortunate to have a friendship like that I want to keep it alive by writing him every week, lending my encouragement, and sharing my own spiritual experiences with him. And because of all that, I'm not going to forget him. It may turn out that no one can even come close to comparing with him. If that happens, so be it- I'll be here when he gets back. But, if a new Mr. Perfect comes along, hot dog! He must be incredible! I'm all for that. So currently, Ty is 100% dedicated to the gospel and his heart belongs to the Lord. I'm only having a hard time with it because this is a hard change and a very big adjustment. And yes, my heart is currently stuck in a shoe box under my bed. But I won't let it collect dust. I just need to become comfortable with my new circumstances before I bring it back out and start using it again. I'm grateful for old friends, and new friends, who I have to help me out :) I appreciate them all so much. So, I just wanted to make this very clear. I am not waiting. Ty does not expect me to wait. It's just hard to be here without my best friend. The end.
Quotes of the Day:
Amanda: "I was hoping to use your illness for my benefit."
and
Amanda: "You're speaking in riddles, Eugene. That's not actually a quote. I just added Eugene to make it funny."
and
Me: "We ate a whole pizza!"
Amanda: "No, we didn't. It's dispersed among the other pizzas. How pathetic. We can't even eat a whole medium pizza."
Me: "Well, you weren't hungry, and I'm sick. What do you expect?"
Amanda: "Sorry I failed as the chubby friend in this relationship."
and
Amanda reading Rachel Jane's blog: "I love my life because I work with austic preschoolers."
and
Amanda: "Go to bed."
Me: "In a second. I have to chew out my friend first."
Amanda: "Why don't you just tell him goodbye?"
Me: "You mean tonight or for forever?"
Amanda: "Pick one."
and
Me: "Oh, gosh. You know you're on your way to adulthood when you start getting emotional because your parents gave you money so you can buy groceries."
2 comments:
You have some great friends. Glad they are there with you!
I beg to differ on who really knows you best. Me or Ty? Ty is not your mom. Can he pick out your slippers? I win.
O my gosh... these quotes are amazing... can i put them on my own quote wall in my house... or write a blog... can i write a blog of all the quotes i think are funny that we've said... im going to, im not waiting for permission at all. just so you know.
Post a Comment