Sunday, October 19, 2008

food of the gods

Peanut butter. Is my favorite. It brings such joy to my life. The best things are made with peanut butter:

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Fast Break Bars

Peanut Butter M&Ms

Reese's Pieces

See's Candies peanut butter patties

Peanut Butter Patty Girl Scout cookies

Peanut butter milkshakes

English muffin with peanut butter

Peanut butter in celery

Chocolate chip pancakes topped with peanut butter

Peanut butter on waffles

Peanut butter cupcakes

Reese's Puff cereal

Peanut butter cracker sandwiches, like Ritz minis

Muddy Buddies

Although my mom has suggested to stay away from peanut butter pie... I bet I'd love it.

Peanut butter and pomegranate jelly sandwiches

Peanut butter, banana, and chocolate syrup sandwiches

or just peanut butter banana sandwiches

Peanut butter cup ice cream

Peanut butter ice cream with chocolate swirls

Just sucking on a spoonful of peanut butter

Peanut butter cookies...

which brings me to my next point. Try this recipe. I was skeptical at first but they are delicious and take literally 15 minutes from prep to finish.

EASY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 cup peanut butter
12 miniature Reese’s Peanut butter Cups

Combine sugar and egg with a hand mixer until well blended. This is important to get a non-grainy texture. Add peanut butter. This part is easy to do by hand. Grease cookie sheet and drop dough to make 12 cookies. I flattened them slightly, just so the middle wouldn't be too doughy. Bake 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, press a peanut butter cup into the center. It crackles the cookie a little when you do this and looks much nicer.

Pretty simple, huh?

I didn't have peanut butter cups, so I just arranged 5 milk chocolate chips in the shape of a flower on the top. Also, they were really big, so I'd split the cookies in half and make 24 instead of 12 because they are really rich and sugary.

If you try this recipe, let me know what you think!

Oh, so I better get back to studying, huh? Break's over.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh! I tried these cookies at your mom's house and Drew and I still can't get over the fact that they are just THREE ingredients! I haven't made them yet, but I am going to soon! I have to figure out if they are idiot proof... cause if I can make them, anyone can!