Monday, October 20, 2008

changes in life

unexpectedly happen all the time.

Mother's Cookies is closing down. I could care less except that they sell little gingerbread men cookies at Christmastime. My mom has gotten bags of them every year for as long as I can remember, and I can't consider it Christmas unless we have gingerbread man cookies and milk every night during the break. Click here for the whole story. Mom, if they already have the gingerbread men for sale, get like 50 bags. Not even kidding. I will eat old, stale gingerbread men until July if it's the last time I'll ever get them for the rest of my life.

I changed my major. Well, I guess you could say decided on a bachelor's. I still want to do School Psychology, but I had no idea how to get there. But last week, there was a major fair in the ballroom on campus. I found the School Psychology grad program, and asked what undergrad they accept. They lady suggested Special Ed... to which I quickly decided no. But she also recommended Elementary Education. I looked into it, and I'm pretty sure that's what I want to do. I think it's a really good path. I have to be accepted into the major, but I should get in... I hope. They accept most applicants.

To piggy back the previous decision... I've changed summer plans. I was going to stay up in Utah all spring to take classes, and all summer to be an EFY counselor. But now I think I'm going to sell my sp/s contract and go home. I want to volunteer at the elementary school my mom works at to get lots of really good hours for my Elem. Ed. program application. Those hours are so incredibly important. You want to look serious and have some experience with kids. Also, I'll be saving a lot of money from rent/utilities/groceries by living at home. I want to get a job so I can save up for next year. I need that money.

And lastly, I don't want love. It's complicated, time consuming, distracting and stressful to worry about. Please, just leave me alone to my baking and school work. But the Lord knows I need friends! Let's all be friends.

No comments: