Saturday, October 11, 2008

preparing a lesson

I wonder how long it would take if I just had the girls read the whole manual. Probably 10 minutes. I can't just do that. That would be boring. And I'd be done 30 minutes early. Do you think I could have a 30 minute long testimony meeting?

I wish I had Halloween cookie cutters. I could take Halloween sugar cookies.

I should just make some sort of treat. At least if the lesson is bad the sugar can make up for it.

If it's bad at least no one will remember it in a few days.

I wonder if I could pass out pictures of the Degrees of Glory and have them color it. Like Primary again.

D&C 76 is not that hard. Just do it!


OH maybe I can make "Celestial cupcakes!" I want to make Celestial cupcakes! I need to go to the store. FINISH the lesson first! AHH

As you can tell, I was a bit flustered with this lesson at first. But once I got organized, I started flying through it. And yes, I even had time to make my Celestial cupcakes!

Celestial suns, Terrestrial moons, and Telestial stars. Making these made me so happy. Once again, I will say it. If I could just decorate cakes the rest of my life, I would be the happiest woman on earth. Baking and decorating just makes me so happy for some reason!

Christina and Drew, thank you so much again for that cake decorating kit you gave me for Christmas. I used it to make my cupcakes.

The suns are rosettes with little "arms" coming out (Rachel, I was thinking about you the whole time I was decorating these suns! They are dedicated to you). Then I made the moons from little stars... I guess that's what they are. I just know it's tip number 16. And the stars (my favorite) are just with writing tip 3 with squigglies. And then some stars around them. These make me so happy :) And, of course, I had to make real buttercream frosting. Just like cake deserves.

The leftovers:

Quotes of the Day:

Amber: "Everyone should know to not leave things out on the table because Allie will mess with it."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Cute cupcakes! I am so happy that you like your cake decorating kit and use it too! By the way... I LOVe the Halloween music!

Rachel said...

Allison Hines! Those are the cutest cupcakes I ever sawed! :)

Anonymous said...

The cupcakes are darling! Good job!!