Monday, April 21, 2008

Eulogy to Chem 285

I only have one more final left. And I am SO excited. Not about the final, but about being almost done. As of this moment, right now, at this very second, I am officially done with chemistry for... forever. Wow. That is kind of sad because I really do enjoy chemistry. Sometimes. We have a very complicated relationship. I can spend hours and hours focusing on it and paying it a lot of attention and it stabs me in the back, or it can be slightly decent to me and be my friend. And for some reason, I still love it. That sounds like what my high school counselor described as an abusive relationship. Hey... wait a minute... That's so totally not cool.

Knowledge about chemistry that I emptied from my brain at the testing center:

1. Anything about alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, ethers, esters, carboxylic acids, ketones, aldehydes, or other organic compounds. Well, that's a lie. I actually really liked the organic section. I just mix up which ones are higher in energy or boiling point or solubility...

2. Structures of mono/di/polysaccharides. Who cares if it's a ketohexose or aldopentose, or if it's an L- or a D- sugar. And it doesn't matter to me if it's connected with a beta-1,6 linkage, or an alpha-1,4... it doesn't change the way my body digests it.

3. Glycolysis, beta-oxidation, the citric acid cycle, or the urea cycle. Enough said.

4. The electron transport chain, or how many stupid NAD+ and FAD things you get. To be honest I don't even know what those things are. Proteins or something.

And I am so done talking about this.

Quotes of the Day:
Ty: "I have invisible hands............ invincible..."

and

Wistie: "Let's get matching thongs."

and

Wistie: "Too bad Ream's is closing."
Me: "Yeah, we had some good times in Ream's."
Wistie: "Castle, running around-"
Me: "Oh, glass!"
Wistie: "-glass."

No comments: