Friday, April 11, 2008

A Joyous Occasion

I have the best weekend to look forward to! Tonight I'm going to a ballroom dance concert with Ty. Then tomorrow afternoon my ward has their closing social at Tucanos! It's so good! Right after that Rachel and I are going dress shopping, then I have a chemistry review to go to, then tomorrow night is the Red Carpet Affair dance! I am SO excited about this dance! It'll be the first time a guy has ever asked me to a dance. I don't know why it's such a big deal, but it is for me. I don't know. Maybe I feel jipped out of a real high school experience or something. I did go to my senior prom, but he didn't ask me I told him I wanted to go. It was... well I won't go into that. So I'm getting a pretty dress, Rachel is doing my hair, and I am going with the perfect guy who wants to go and loves to dance, and we are going to have a perfect night. Oh and on Sunday, Ty, Amanda, and I are going to the Salt Lake Temple to listen to the organ at the tabernacle. Amanda has to listen for her organ class and she invited us along. We're going to have fun, walk around, and take pictures. I can't wait :)

So last night was hectic. Well, actually yesterday was hectic. I was in the library for 5 hours working on a paper, then came home and chilled for a bit, had people over to watch The Office (which was awkwardly hilarious, by the way). Right after that, Ty said he had a surprise so we went to his apartment. He had fingerpaint and canvas for us! So we fingerpainted portraits of each other on canvas. That was way fun! I gave him blue hair, and I had a bright orange shirt and rosy cheeks. So we painted them as a secret, and then when we were done we flipped them over to show each other. For mine, he had painted me, and written "Will you go to the Red Carpet Affair with me?" I was so excited! He had sort of asked me on Monday so I knew we were going, but he wanted to officially ask me.

Mom, I feel like I'm cheating on you. I'm ashamed. I'm eating Pillsbury crescent rolls that I just got out of the oven. I miss your Amber's Rolls. Will you make those and Shepard's Pie the first night I'm home?

I'm so excited for my fun weekend. I deserve it. And I am so relieved and feel accomplished. I turned in my research paper. Whew! The one I've been annoyed about all semester. It's done! I turned it in today! No more worrying!!!

Yahoo!

Two more instructional days. One midterm. Two final tests. One take home essay test. One project. Then I'm home free!

4 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

I cannot wait Allison!!!!

I love you so so much!!!!!!

Amanda said...

ya for good weekends!

Anonymous said...

Sure. I'll have a Shepard Pie and Amber's Rolls all ready ....in JUNE!Boo Hoo.

Anonymous said...

Love the portraits. They look just like you guys!