So on campus today there are some elementary school kids walking around trying to raise money. They're selling cookies, pretzels, ice cream sandwiches, and those kind of things. So there was this one booth, and it was an Are You Smarter Than a 6th Grader game. I was like, Psh I can so take him. So I went up and a guy had a video camera. The rules were I had to raise my hand before the boy, and answer 2 out of 3 correctly. So the first question was, "What force causes a compass to point north?" And the boy raised his hand first and got it right (it's magnetism, by the way). Then the second question was, "How many years is one term in the Senate?" We raised our hands at the same time, but he picked on me. I said, "Four! No, six!" And they were nice and gave it to me. I really do know that it's six. Then the last question was, well, I don't even remember. It was something like, "Which most closely describes a set of stairs? A) Sloped plane B) Angled something or other or C) Wedge." I will admit I had no clue so I didn't even raise my hand. The boy raised his hand and knew the answer, which was sloped plane. Then, after everyone had cheered, I had to look right in the camera and say, "Hi, I'm Allison, and I am not smarter than a 6th grader."
How degrading.
Quote of the Day:
Mr. Rogers: "So, Collette has arrived on the fancy, *beep*-ing trolley.
Juno: "Geez, Banana, shut your freakin' gob!"
Juno: "I am a Crakin from the sea!"
Amanda: "I think I put too much of your only spice in it."
Me: "What's my only spice?"
Amanda: "Onion salt."
Me: "Oh, crap."
2 comments:
good job! haha... i bet those kids memorized the answers!
I wouldn't have known any of the answers and I am old.
Post a Comment