I just got home from talking with a career counselor. Last week I took a test that tells me certain areas I'd be interested in, and suggestions of careers that go along with it. I'm definitely not surprised with the results. Disappointed? Maybe. I kind of went and wanted him to tell me what to do, which is stupid because I know that isn't what he is supposed to do. But I still don't know what I want to do. Oh and I officially changed my major to an open major. Now I'll stop getting annoying emails from the nursing program people.
My highest occupational themes:
Artistic
Social
Here are my top 5 interest areas:
1) Performing Arts (duh.)
2) Culinary Arts (another duh.)
3) Writing & Mass Communication (hmm...)
4) Religion & Spirituality (well, i do like my religion classes)
5) Counseling & Helping (my favorite and what i'm leaning toward the most)
Areas of Least Interest:
1) Entrepreneurship (gosh i can barely spell it. seriously i had to backspace and look back at the paper like 50 times)
2) Finance & Investing (boring.)
3) Research (ew)
Aaaand Top 10 Occupation suggestions. Not really too happy...
1) Musician
2) Photographer
3) Broadcast Journalist
4) Chef
5) Librarian
6) Flight Attendant
7) Licensed Practical Nurse
8) Top Executive
9) Speech Pathologist (i bet my mom is jumping with excitement.)
10) Translator (the only one i am considering)
Least compatible occupations:
1) Athletic Trainer
2) Vocational Agriculture Teacher
3) Physical Education Teacher
4) Sociologist
5) Mathmatician
Oh yeah I found my camera, it was in Amber's car, so I took pictures of my pretty flowers :)


Quote of the Day:
Me: About MSN messenger when I lost my voice: "I like this form of communication. You can understand me."
Amanda: "or at least hear at a level not only heard by dongs."
and
Ty: "I don't say, 'Come.' I drag, wrap, and sit."
and
Ty: "Why are girl penguins fat? Aren't they bulimic?"
4 comments:
haha... sweet. dongs! i love dongs... great that came out totally wrong, knowing the slang term for that now.
go home and get to bed!
oh! oh! oh! Pick Librarian!
oh! oh! oh! Pick Librarian!
Post a Comment