Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Strangely Optimistic

I just spent the last two hours cleaning my apartment. I haven't had any time at all for the last two weeks to do it, so I did it today! It's so clean! I absolutely love it. I haven't cleaned my room yet, but that can wait for another day. I'm too tired right now.

So I in flip flops and a tee shirt today. Then after taking my last chemistry midterm, I walked back home barefoot. And now, two and a half hours later, it's snowing! How on earth??? I really really hate this. All weekend it was gorgeous. It was actually like almost 80 yesterday, too. And now it's freezing and snowing! Winter is not giving up without a fight. Well, it is still "winter" semester, so I guess it has every right to still be winter. But next Thursday it better be gone for sure.

So, I'm staying for spring semester! I'm very excited. I'm sad that I can't go home and see my family and a few friends that miss me, but I think it'll be good for me to stay. I'm taking an MFHD (Marriage Family and Human Development) class which is a GE and will also count toward my major if that's what I pick. Then I'm taking Social Dance 280 (the intermediate level). So that's four credits there. I should be able to handle that. Then, if Ty finds out that he's running later in the semester, he's going to stay and we're signing up for International Standard Ballroom together. That'll be really nice to take with him because we can practice all the time out of class. It'll take a lot of practice, especially since it's the course squeezed into 7 weeks, so I'm excited to have an official dance partner. I hope that he stays but that's still up in the air. And oh my heck! Rachel is right across the hall from me!!! That's going to be so much fun! We're going to be in the same ward again together, and be really close. Kind of like this semester how my apartment and the apartment across from me was like one apartment. We lived in each other's apartments. I can't wait to do that again :)

Big news! So my dance teacher told me yesterday in class that the BYU Ballroom Company is holding tryouts this spring. And, there's a bigger chance of making it now than ever! There is a Tour team and a backup team, and the backup team is usually in Nauvoo during the summer, but they're not going this year, so both the tour and the backup team are taking dancers! Also, he said a majority of the team is graduating next week, so there's a large number of spots that needs to be filled. I'm going to try out for the company! I'm very excited. I had decided to stay for spring and then found this out! It just was the cherry on top of my day yesterday!

Quote of the Day:
Ty: "We should put a C in front of the store name Ross."
Me: "Cross?"
Ty: "Cross Dress for Less."

and

At the end of A Knight's Tale
Me: "Aww when I make out I want everything to turn into stars!"
Wistie: "It'll happen if you make out long enough."
Me: "Yeah, because you start losing oxygen. You start seeing those little stars in your eyes. That's when you know you're losing brain cells."

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

I am SO excited you will be right across from me... this will be the best spring EVER!!!