Monday, April 7, 2008

Things I'm Grateful For

I've learned today and the past few days that I'm really grateful for a lot of things.

I'm grateful for...

...honest people. I've been checking lost and found every day for almost two weeks looking for my dance shoes. I went in today thinking that it was a lost cause, and there they were! I'm grateful for the person(s) who turned them in. Thank you.

...good listeners. If you're having a bad day, a good day, an exciting day, a horrible in the pit of despair day, they are always there to listen and hold your information in confidence. No matter what. Thank you.

...Amanda. We were two of the few people in our building this week, and she kept me company. We had a blast all weekend! I don't think we spent more than a few hours apart the whole time. I love her :)
"I am a Crakin' from the sea!" "Fuket Thailand!" "Geez, Banana, shut your freakin' gob!"

...Wistie. She called me this weekend to check on me. It made me feel loved and I missed her terribly. So I was really happy she called me! I got to tell her about the heater monster that scared me Friday night. My apartment makes weird noises when I'm home alone. Thank you.

...Tylor. There are way too many things to list here as to why I'm grateful for him. I know that it wasn't just a coincidence that I met him. Too many out of the ordinary, odd things had to have happened that led to us meeting each other. He was a big part of me making it through this year. He is the best guy I've ever met and the best boyfriend anyone could have. Plus, not everyone has a personal dance practice partner and chemistry tutor! (He's going to teach me Vienesse Waltz!)

...Rachel. I found out this weekend that we have so much more in common that I ever knew! She is so much fun and as girly as I am! I absolutely adore and love her :) Too bad the year is almost over! But we definitely decided we're going to be like best friends next year.

...Lauren. She's the only one I know who really can relate to my situation and share the same feelings that I have. I love that we can talk about them to each other to make things easier. Plus, she's an awesome roommate and way easy to get along with!

...girl's nights. They make life SO much fun! Boys just can't understand. The Girl's Code of Conduct is an important rule book describing how these things must happen, and chick flicks are essential. Also, sleep comes second to girl talk!

...technology. "Yes, I love technology, but not as much as you, you see. But I still love technology..." Sorry I couldn't resist. Just because technology is like, one of the key things to making life easier.

...my mom. I think she called me like, 50 times this weekend. Not just to bug me, though. We had fun talking. And I was home alone all weekend anyway. She does so much for me.

...singing. I've been really sick for over a week, and haven't been able to sing to my best ability. I really really miss it! You don't realize how much until it's gone :(

...many forms of awkward animals ;)


Quote of the Day:
Amanda: "I'm just talking mushrooms."

and

Me: "This feels different without pants on." (I had on a skirt)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got your dance shoes back! Yea! I'm sorry you were all alone this weekend. Tyler came over a lot this weekend and it would have been fun to have you over although we didn't do anything so it wasn't too exciting. I wish I had known! Sorry!

Amanda said...

Ya! im in the blog... that makes me feel loved!

Amanda said...

o ya, im glad you have so many things to be grateful for.it always makes life easier to have great friends, and im extremely grateful for you too!

Anonymous said...

hooray! i made the list

Anonymous said...

Glad I made "the list" too! It feels nice to be appreciated. I am grateful for such a caring and loving daughter. I am excited to have her come home although she may not be as excited to be here! I can see why she will miss all her friends.
I love you
Mom

Rachel Ann said...

allison... i am SO grateful for you too... and so glad that i have a best friend in someone who is so WONDERFUL! i can't believe we missed out on so much time together... oh well... next year will be the best EVER! love and sunshine!