Wednesday, September 10, 2008

every blink

So, I think this is supposed to be one of those deep, thoughtful, mysterious, confusing, non-sensical entries. One of those, "I've experienced a life-changing event" things. But I'm not totally sure what to say.

The Beatles gave so much wisdom. Not many people would agree with me. But just little things in their lyrics. Little love tokens, or about friendship, or life. Nothing from the obvious drug songs, of course. I don't think that I want to go to the Octopus's garden, or meet Rocking Horse People who I'm sure would share their marshmallow pies with me. Although I'm sure they all had a good time in the shade. And that those pies are delicious.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see."

I had never realized that's what I've been doing. When life gets hard, I just pull myself inward and see what I want to see. The world, including myself especially, look different through my eyes. It's so much easier to live that way; to chose what you want to see, change how some things look.

But it's no way to live.

I've tried opening my eyes for the first time in a long time.

And to 1 AM, thank you.

I think the hard part is just accepting what I'm seeing.


PS
HOLLA Shout out to my homie Amanda!!! Yo.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

i loved the shout out! and i think i understand the blog... but maybe not. who knows!

Rachel Ann said...

um. i love you. and when we go shopping on friday i would like an explanation? what do you see now?

Anonymous said...

I get it, but I am your mother. Love you, Honey, and I am very proud of you.